Wood Textures for a Merry Manly Christmas
Wood Textures Designer Series Paper is the perfect ingredient for a masculine card, and it can be used for any time of year and for any occasion!
This card was inspired by Global Design Project Challenge #103!
I don’t want to claim to be an expert on men, but I do have a convenient husband and three year old boy of whom I can ask opinions any time I need to. I made this card, then ran it by them to see what they thought.
Mr. Stamp Witch gave it an appreciative eye brow raise, a nod, and said, “Very nice.” This is similar to what he says about all of my cards, but this time I thought the eyebrow was raised a little higher and he did add a “very” in front of “nice”.
Stamp Witch Jr. immediately asked, “Is it for me?” Then he squirreled it away to his bedroom. He later gave it back, but only after informing me that I forgot to write his name inside and implying that I probably should do that while he was asleep, because that’s what you are supposed to do with cards.
So if I am translating man-language properly, I believe that means my card got two thumbs up!
- First, cut and score a Pear Pizzazz card base.
- Next, cut a piece of Wood Textures Designer Series Paper the same size as your card base.
- Adhere the Wood Textures to the front of the card.
- Cut four strips of cardstock 1/2″ (1.2 cm) wide in Dapper Denim, Pear Pizzazz, Night of Navy, and Bermuda Bay.
- Next, cut a piece of Night of Navy cardstock the same width as the card base and 2″ (4.8 cm) tall.
- Glue the four strips of cardstock to the Night of Navy backing piece. Make sure the edges of the strips are right next to each other.
- In VersaMark ink, stamp the sentiment from the Christmas Pines stamp set and the tree from the Watercolor Christmas stamp set right on top of the four stripes.
- Sprinkle white embossing powder over the stamped images. Tap off any excess, then heat with a heat tool until the embossing powder melts.
- Adhere the Striped panel to the card front.
- Tie a piece of Dapper Denim Baker’s Twine around the card.
Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Bermuda Bay, Dapper Denim, Night of Navy (c) Stampin’ Up!
Paper: Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack (c) Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Watercolor Christmas, Christmas Pines (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other: Dapper Denim Baker’s Twine, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool
Click on the images below to see the materials used to make this card in my online store. Each purchase you make there helps support Stamp Witch Blog!
Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!
Other Projects You Might Enjoy
Click on a picture below to view the post about that individual project.