Wood Texture Card to CASE Cécile Ribon
I have been playing with the new Wood Textures Designer Series Paper and decided to pair it up with Remarkable You, an old favorite that will be returning in the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog (and hopefully for several more years after that).
I also snuck in some Beetles and Bugs. I couldn’t help myself. For reasons I can’t even fully fathom myself, I have a strange and irrational love for this stamp set.
My card was inspired by a card by Cécile Ribon. Cécile is a prolific blogger and an amazing artist. I check her blog regularly and I am inspired every time. She has a crisp and clean style and an eye for arranging a lot of little elements in a way that is just perfect. Go bookmark Cécile’s blog right now!
It just so happens that I was on the lookout for card ideas that used wood textures and absolutely fell in love with this one card that Cécile had made, so I decided to recreate it with Stampin’ Up! products.
It is so incredibly rare for me to recreate something that is so close to the original. I have to tinker with it and try to improve it. In this case, though, Cécile’s card was already absolutely perfect. Making one so similar is a testament to how much I loved the original. Merci beaucoup pour l’inspiration, Cécile!
Here is Cécile’s card, below. You can also see the original post.
My imitation changes very little. I used a different flower, dropped the torn vellum, and replace the sentiment with a row of beetles. Otherwise, this is very true to the original, as you can see.
- First, cut a Whisper White card base.
- Next, cut a Whisper White panel that is 1/4″ (0.6 cm) smaller than the card base.
- Then, cut a strip of Wood Textures Designer Series Paper about 2-1/2″ (6.2 cm) wide. Adhere this like a belt to the front Whisper White panel and trim off the ends of the Wood Texture paper to match the edge of the Whisper White panel.
- Stamp three bugs from the Beetles and Bugs stamp set in Early Espresso ink along the bottom edge of the Wood Textures paper.
- Die cut a large square shape using Stitched Shapes Framelit dies.
- On the stitched square, stamp the leaf stamp from the Remarkable You stamp set with Early Espresso ink.
- Color the leaves with an Old Olive Stampin’ Write Marker. Use one or two strokes to mostly fill each leaf, but leave some white space.
- On a scrap of Whisper White, stamp a flower from Remarkable You with Early Espresso ink.
- Use broad strokes to color the flower with Tangerine Tango and Crushed Curry Stampin’ Write Markers. Start your stroke at the bottom of each petal and draw outwards. Leave some white space at the top of each petal!
- Fussy cut out the flower (but not the stem).
- Adhere the flower to the stitched square shape using glue at the bottom and dimensionals farther up. The very top will stick off the square. Make sure the bottom of the flower is touching the stem from the leaf stamp so it looks like it is attached.
- Tie linen thread around the bottom of the stitched square.
- Adhere the stitched square to the Wood Textures/ Whisper White panel using dimensionals. Place some of the dimensionals directly under the dimensionals from the flower to support it!
- Add a trio of Old Olive Glitter Enamel Dots in the bottom right corner.
- Adhere the front panel to the card base. I used an additional layer of dimensionals for even more depth.
Regal Color Combination
The colors in this card are very bold. Both Crushed Curry and Tangerine Tango hail from Stampin’ Up!’s Regals color family and Old Olive, while technically a Bright color, plays well with all the Regals. These colors go so well together because they share the same intensity, which helps add unity to a card.
These colors shine most often in the Fall, but they are gorgeous year round.
Cardstock: Whisper White (c) Stampin’ Up!
Paper: Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack (c) Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Early Espresso (c) Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Remarkable You, Beetles and Bugs (c) Stampin’ Up!
Markers: Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango Stampin’ Write Markers (c) Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Stitched Shapes Framelit Dies (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other: dimensionals, Glitter Enamel Dots, Linen Thread (c) Stampin’ Up!
Click on the images below to see the materials used to make this card in my online store. Each purchase you make there helps support Stamp Witch Blog!
I’m hosting a new catalog product share! Get some of all the new papers, ribbons, and embellishments for a fraction of the cost!
Order an Eastern Palace bundle from me and earn free tutorials!
Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!
Other Projects You Might Enjoy
Click on a picture below to view the post about that individual project.