Vintage Leaves with Sparkle
I was not sure about these colors at first, because my brain jumped immediately to pumpkins and I don’t have any pumpkin stamps. The more I played with the colors and different papers, the more I saw that it didn’t have to be just for pumpkins; with a little sparkle added for the Bring on the Bling challenge, this makes an excellent Autumn color scheme!
This is one of the reasons I love color challenges. Often times color challenges combine colors that I would never have thought to put together. It can be a challenge to try to figure out how to make those colors work together. For me that means making piles of every scrap of paper and embellishment I own in that color and holding them all up next to each other with lots of squinting.
While it sometimes takes longer to find the right combination of elements, in the end I love the result and I never would have even tried it without the challenge!
This card was inspired by Pals Paper Arts Challenge #323!
I did have to substitute Crumb Cake for Tip Top Taupe. Crumb cake is a similar hue, but is slightly lighter.
It is also inspired by Splitcoaststampers’ Free For All Challenge #347: Bring on the Bling! This is my second card for this challenge. You get hooked adding bling pretty quickly!
- Cut a Crumb Cake cardstock base.
- Cut a panel of Emerald Envy patterned Moroccan Nights Designer Series Paper 1/4″ (0.6 cm) smaller than the card base. Adhere to the cardbase and set aside.
- Cut a piece of watercolor paper at approximately 3″by 4″ (7.5 cm x 10 cm). Decorate with a watercolor wash in Tangerine Tango. Dry with a hairdryer.
- Add a spritz of ink from an Emerald Envy marker.
- With a paintbrush, splatter some water on on the water color paper. After a few seconds, soak up the water with a paper towel. Adhere to the card base at an angle.
- Add strips of Pumpkin Pie glitter paper and Festive Birthday Designer Series Paper.
- Add an Emerald Envy Ribbon using snail (on the flat parts) and glue dots (to hold pleats in place).
- Stamp a Vintage Leaf onto Crumb Cake with black ink and cut out with Leaflet Framelit dies. Adhere to the center of the card with dimensionals.
- Color rhinestones orange with a Sharpie and adhere in small clusters.
Challenging Color Combination
I was challenged by this color combination at first, but I’m glad I gave it a try!
Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!
Cardstock: Crumb Cake (c) Stampin’ Up!
Paper: Watercolor paper, Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Paper, Festive Birthday Designer Series Paper, Moroccan Night Designer Series Paper (c) Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tangerine Tango (c) Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Vintage Leaves (c) Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Leaflet Framelit Dies (c) Stampin’ Up!
Markers: Emerald Envy Stampin’ Write Marker (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other: paintbrush, paper towel, rhinestones, orange Sharpie, Emerald Envy ribbon from Silky Taffeta Ribbon Combo Pack (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other Cards You Might Enjoy
Click on a card to view the post about that individual card.