Thanks for Paisleys and Posies
Practice makes perfect! I had a little extra time, so I decided to practice making paisley designs with my Paisley and Posies stamps sets. I had intended to try to make a whole sheet of paisley and try some sort of one sheet wonder technique, but then I dropped a fully inked up stamp right onto my half finished paper. So, I guess I was practicing after all!
I tried a cover-up, but it didn’t really work. Since the page was messed up anyway, I tried a couple of things I wouldn’t have otherwise tried, including different sized spaces between shapes and using polka dots in some of the in between spaces. I did get a couple of usable pieces, and one of them turned into this card!
I do really like coloring these Paisley patterns. There is something really relaxing about good old fashioned coloring.
This card was inspired by Stamp Ink Paper Challenge #71!
I have a confession to make. Up until this Fall, I had never used Cajun Craze except for ONE time to stamp a couple of dinosaurs. I thought it was kind of an ugly color that didn’t really go with anything. I didn’t even really try it, until Fall rolled around and it seemed like every color challenge included this color.
I begrudgingly gave it a try, then another, then another, and now I love it! It’s such a rich color, and goes so well with so many other colors, especially in rich Autumn color schemes. It looks so much prettier on a card (both in ink and paper format) than the label on the outside of the stamp pad would indicate.
- Cut a Whisper White card base.
- Cut a Delightful Dijon panel 1/2″ (1.2 cm) smaller than the card base.
- Cut a Cajun Craze panel 5/8″ (1.5 cm) smaller than the card base.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock the same width as the Cajun Craze panel and 1-1/2″ (3.8 cm) tall. Stamp this piece with shapes from the Paisleys and Posies stamp set using black ink. Using masking to overlap shapes, if desired. Fill in any spaces by drawing tiny polka dots with a Basic Black Stampin’ Write marker.
- Color the paisley patterned panel using Cajun Craze, Mint Macaron, and Delightful Dijon Stampin’ Write markers.
- Adhere together the Delightful Dijon, Cajun Craze, and paisley patterned panels. Tie a Mint Macaron ribbon (from the Ribbon Trio Pack) around these panels before adhering them to the card base. I used a cheater bow (see the tip below the directions).
- From a piece of gold foil paper, cut out a “thanks” sentiment using the Hello You Thinlit dies and a flower shape from the Paisley Framelit dies. Adhere these to the card using white glue.
- Adhere the front panel to the card base.
Cheater Bow Tip: You can attach a straight piece of ribbon to a card, then tie a little 2-3″ (5-7.5 cm) scrap of ribbon around around the straight piece and tie it in a simple square knot (that’s the one you use to start tying your shoes). It looks like you tied two ends of a longer ribbon together, even though you didn’t! This type of bow lies fairly flat and the ends turned out very straight, lined up nicely with the main part of the ribbon. I added a little glue dot to hold the knot in place for some added stability.
Rich Primary Color Combination
This looks like a really fancy color scheme, but it is at its heart the three primary colors. The yellow and red are darkened and the blue is lightened to add both richness and contrast, but the three primaries are still in there! This Autumn version of the primary colors is richer and more sophisticated than the standard red, yellow, and blue.
After coloring on this card with my Stampin’ Write markers I feel a little like I simply traded in my old Crayola markers for a much more grown up version, but I still like coloring just as much now as I did back in elementary school.
Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!
Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Delightful Dijon, Whisper White (c) Stampin’ Up!
Paper: gold foil sheet
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Paisleys and Posies stamp set (c) Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Hello You Thinlit Dies, Paisleys Framelit Dies (c) Stampin’ Up!
Markers: Mint Macaron, Delightful Dijon, Cajun Craze Stampin’ Write Markers (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other: Mint Macaron ribbon from Ribbon Trio Pack (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other Cards You Might Enjoy
Click on a card to view the post about that individual card.