Stamp Review: Beautiful You
I’m hopping with the Stamp Review Crew today to bring you inspiration based on the Beautiful You stamp set!
The Beautiful You stamp set has beautiful illustrations of women drawn with artistic brushstrokes and includes some really beautiful sentiments!
I decided to use a softened primary color palette and lots of sparkle for an extra feminine card. I didn’t plan to make a card specifically to support someone with breast cancer, but I realized that after I used these pale colors, a sort of rainy theme, and included a pink ribbon that it would work perfectly for that occasion. Luckily I don’t know anyone who needs this card, and hopefully never will.
This card is too pretty to sit on a shelf, though (in my own biased opinion). On top of that, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. If you know someone who needs a card like this, add a comment below with the hashtag #FightLikeAGirl.
On Friday, I’ll select a random comment and contact the winner via email to get their address, then send it to them along with a blank envelope.
Homemade cards are meant to be given away and I hope that this one can bring some joy and comfort to someone!
Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop: Beautiful You
A blog hop is an event where several bloggers post on the same topic then link their blog posts together in a circle. In today’s blog hop the Stamp Review Crew is featuring project ideas that use the Beautiful You stamp set. Follow the Next buttons at the bottom of each post to visit each blog in order and see all the amazing projects the artists in the Stamp Review Crew have made to inspire you!
Starting Monday morning, you can also click the banner below to visit the Stamp Review Crew’s home page. There you will find a full list of the participating artists and their post links in case you get lost along the way. You can also find all of the Crew’s past blog hops for even more inspiration!
- First, cut a Smoky Slate card base.
- Next, place a cloud Pattern Party Decorative Mask over the front of the card base. Spread embossing paste onto the card through the stencil with a palette knife.
- Remove the stencil and promptly clean both it and the palette knife.
- While the embossing paste is still wet, sprinkle on Dazzling Diamonds or other fine white glitter. Tap off any excess and return it to the container.
- On a piece of Whisper White cardstock, stamp the image of a woman with an umbrella from the Beautiful You stamp set in Basic Gray ink. Let it dry!
- Once the ink is dry, use So Saffron and Pool Party inks to stamp the two paint swoosh images from the same stamp set on top of the image of the woman.
- Die cut the image using the Layering Oval Framelit dies.
- On a piece of Pool Party cardstock, stamp the sentiment from the Colorful Seasons stamp set in VersaMark ink. Sprinkle on silver embossing powder, tap off any excess, and heat with a Heat Tool until the powder melts.
- Fussy cut out the sentiment.
- Wrap Pool Party Baker’s Twine around the top fold of the card and tie it in a bow.
- Make sure the embossing paste is dry. (I put mine on kind of thick this time, so it took longer than normal.)
- Dry fit (place without gluing) all the pieces, to determine how to place the Powder Pink Shimmer Ribbon and the Silver Mini Sequins Trim. Remove the paper pieces and staple the ribbon and trim in place.
- Add a dot of glue to the ends of the sequins to prevent them from falling off the end of the string; this glue dot can also help hold the trim in place!
- Adhere the oval and the sentiment using dimensionals to add depth.
- Add a few lightly tinted blue Glitter Enamel Shapes in a triangle around the focal point.
Cardstock: Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Pool Party (c) Stampin’ Up!
Ink: VersaMark, Basic Gray, So Saffron, Pool Party (c) Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Beautiful You, Colorful Seasons (c) Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Layering Ovals Framelit Dies (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other: Heat Tool, Silver Embossing Powder, Powder Pink Shimmer Ribbon, Silver Mini Sequins Trim, Pool Party Solid Baker’s Twine, Glitter Enamel Dots, dimensionals (c) Stampin’ Up!
Click on the images below to see the materials used to make this card in my online store. Each purchase you make there helps support Stamp Witch Blog!
Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!
Hop Around the World
Click the buttons below to visit the rest of the amazing artists in this blog hop for even more inspiration!
Other Projects You Might Enjoy
Here are some more projects you might like. After completing the blog hop, click on the photos below to see the original posts for these projects: