Pick a Pumpkin Bike Ride
In today’s card I combined the Pick a Pumpkin stamp set with the Bike Ride stamp set to create a mini narrative of taking home a pumpkin with a bicycle.
The Bike Ride stamp set has lots of different stamps for items that could fit on the back of the bike or in the basket. Most of them are kind of Summery, so I thought I would change it up for Autumn by adding a pumpkin instead.
Since both stamp sets have dies that cut out the shapes with a small white edge around the images, they work well together. The styles are similar enough that they even look like they could belong in the same stamp set.
I decided that the white circle could use some words to add a little texture, but neither stamp set has any sentiments. Since I used the Paisleys and Posies stamp set earlier this week, it was still sitting out and I realized that it had a perfect sentiment! It says, “Thank you for your part in my journey.” What better sentiment for a bicycle card?
This card was inspired by Global Design Project Challenge #105!
About an hour before this challenge went live, I posted another card using a very similar color scheme. I was showing it to my sister Monday morning and saying, “I really like this color scheme, I’ve want to use it again soon!”
Well, I got my wish, because a minute later I opened up the Global Design Project to see the new challenge and was surprised and pleased to see those exact same colors looking back at me again. Wahoo!
- Card base: First, cut and score a Whisper White card base.
- Next, cut the following layers:
- Foil Frenzy Designer Series Paper, 1/4″ (0.6 cm) smaller than the card base.
- Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper, 3/4″ (1.8 cm) smaller than the card base.
- Watercolor paper, 3/4″ (1.8 cm) smaller than the card base.
- Use a watercolor wash to add Tangerine Tango and Peekaboo Peach ink to the watercolor paper layer. Set it aside to dry, or use a heat tool to speed along the process.
- Bike: On Whisper White cardstock stamp a Tangerine Tango bicycle with Smoky Slate wheels. Die cut the pieces with Build a Bike Framelits. Also die cut a Smoky Slate rack for the back of the bike, a Peekaboo Peach banner, and Lemon Lime Twist streamers for the bike handles. Adhere these pieces together (except for the banner).
- Circle and Ribbons: Using Layering Circle Framelit Dies, die cut a Whisper White circle large enough to fit behind the bike. In Lemon Lime Twist ink, stamp the sentiment from the Paisley & Posies stamp set.
- Use dimensionals to adhere the bike to the circle.
- Dry fit (place without gluing) the layers together. Determine where the ribbon should be placed, then remove the other pieces and staple the ribbon the the watercolor paper layer.
- Use dimensionals to attach the circle to the watercolor paper layer. When I have multiple layers that use dimensionals (like the bike on top of the circle) I try to make sure the second layer of dimensionals supports the first layer.
- Use liquid glue to attach the Peekaboo Peach banner. It doesn’t stick well to ribbon, so I used a dot of glue on each end. One is attached to the watercolor paper and the other is attached to the back of the bike wheel.
- Pumpkin: With Peekaboo Peach ink, stamp the pumpkin from Pick a Pumpkin onto Whisper White cardstock. Then, die cut it using Patterned Pumpkin Framelit Dies. Use the same die set to cut a Lemon Lime Twist leaf.
- Wrap the pumpkin in Peekaboo Peach Baker’s Twine, and tie the ends in a bow. Hold the twine steady by putting two layers of dimensionals behind the pumpkin, then adhering it right above the bike’s rack.
- Fold the leaf down the center, and put a dot of glue on the bottom half. Tuck the leaf just under the Baker’s Twine to attach it in place.
- Layers: Adhere the Foil Frenzy layer first, tilted slightly clockwise.
- Line up the Fresh Florals layer under the watercolor layer. The edges of these layers are parallel on my card, but they are offset from each other. Adhere the watercolor layer to the Fresh Florals layer with dimensionals.
- Finally, adhere the Fresh Floral layer to the Foil Frenzy layer, tilted slightly counter clockwise.
Cardstock: Whisper White, Lemon Lime Twist, Smoky Slate, Peekaboo Peach (c) Stampin’ Up!
Paper: Foil Frenzy Specialty Designer Series Paper, Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper (c) Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Peekaboo Peach, Lemon Lime Twist, Smoky Slate (c) Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Bike Ride, Pick a Pumpkin, Paisleys and Posies (c) Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Layering Circles Framelit Dies, Build a Bike Framelit Dies, Patterned Pumpkin Thinlit Dies (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other: Peekaboo Peach Baker’s Twine, Aqua Painter or paintbrush, Lemon Lime Twist Finely Woven Ribbon, dimensionals (c) Stampin’ Up!
Click on the images below to see the materials used to make this card in my online store. Each purchase you make there helps support Stamp Witch Blog!
I’ve added a much anticipated tutorial to my Twisted Gatefold Card! Thank you to everyone who was so patiently waiting!
Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!
Other Projects You Might Enjoy
Click on a picture below to view the post about that individual project.