Patterned Pumpkins for a Sweet Friend
Today’s card is a Halloween themed thank you featuring one of my favorite items from the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog: Patterned Pumpkins Thinlit Dies!
October is an exciting time, my friends! These is a cascade of awesome holidays coming up, each of which deserves their time in the spotlight. I’m busy making cards for all of them at once and realizing that each month is not long enough for how many cards I want to make.
On top of that, there is a special holiday just for card making coming up on Saturday and I’ve got a special surprise scheduled for you that day. I can’t wait!
AND Stamipin’ Up! has a several amazing deals going on right now. I’ll put those at the end of the post, so make sure to scroll all the way down if you haven’t heard about the amazing October specials yet!
I’m playing along this week with Global Design Project Challenge #107!
This card may appear at first glance like a Halloween card, because it is a Halloween card! It is also a thank you card, though the thank yous all went on the inside. I made this card especially for my sweet friend Miranda, from Spooky Halloween, for all letting me guest post on her blog and for the total awesomeness she brought to the project.
Now that she has received her card I can post about it here; I wanted it to be a surprise! What great timing that the theme challenge this week is “Grateful” because I am totally grateful to have an awesome friend like Miranda!
- First, cut and score a Whisper White card base.
- Next, cut a piece of Berry Burst cardstock 3/4″ (1.8 cm) smaller than the card base.
- Cut a long strip of polka dot Spooky Night Designer Series Paper so it has two full rows of polka dots. Color the dots with a Lemon Lime Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Line up the Berry Burst panel and the polka dot strip at an angle to the card base (but parallel to each other) and adhere them in place.
- Trim off the ends of the polka dot strip to match the edges of the card. It’s easiest to turn it backwards and snip along the edge of the card.
- Use the Patterned Pumpkins Thinlit Dies to cut an Island Indigo large pumpkin and a Peekaboo Peach medium starry pumpkin.
- Place the large and medium pumpkins on Bermuda Bay and Calypso Coral backgrounds, respectively. Trace them lightly with a mechanical pencil, then fussy cut them out following just inside the pencil line to make the back pumpkins a hair smaller than the front pumpkins.
- Glue the backing pieces onto the pumpkins.
- Die cut some Lemon Lime Twist vines using the Patterned Pumpkins Thinlit Dies.
- Dry fit (arrange without gluing) all the die cut pieces, then stamp the ghost and the sentiment in VersaMark ink.
- Remove the die cut pieces, then sprinkle on White Embossing Powder, tap off any excess, and heat with a Heat Tool until the embossing powder melts.
- Adhere the die cut pieces using dimensionals.
Cardstock: Berry Burst, Island Indigo, Bermuda Bay, Peekaboo Peach, Calypso Coral, Lemon Lime Twist, Whisper White (c) Stampin’ Up!
Paper: Spooky Night Designer Series Paper (c) Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Sweet Home (c) Stampin’ Up!
Markers: Lemon Lime Twist Stampin’ Write Marker (c) Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Patterned Pumpkins Thinlit Dies (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other: White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, dimensionals
Click on the images below to see the materials used to make this card in my online store. Each purchase you make there helps support Stamp Witch Blog!
October 1-10: World Card Making Day Sale, 15% off select stamp sets and essentials
Through October 10: Paper Pumpkin Special Kit signup, two coordinating kits to help with holiday cards and gifts
October 1-15, demonstrators only: Alcohol markers are available in a demonstrator only release. An official customer release date has not been announced. If you aren’t already a demonstrator, now is a great time to join Stampin’ Up!
October 1-31: Select Designer Series Paper Sale, Buy 3 get 1 Free
Through October 31: Merry Patterns Host Promotion, earn a free stamp set for group or individual orders over $300 (US)
Coming soon (North America only): Buy 1 Fast Fuse get 2 Refills Free. This was part of the World Card Making Day special, but was so popular that Fast Fuse is now on back order in North America. When they get more in, Stampin’ Up! will have another 5 day special.
Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!
Other Projects You Might Enjoy
Click on a picture below to view the post about that individual project.