Paisley and Posies, Fox Style
Ever since the hostess set Cozy Critters came out, which features a fancy version of the foxes from the Foxy Friends stamp set, I’ve had this crazy idea in my head. “What if there was an even fancier version of the fox?” I set out today to create that fanciest of fancy foxes using the Paisley and Posies stamp set.
I first tried to use the kissing technique to transfer Paisleys and Posies images onto the Foxy Friends stamps. Those were both photopolymer stamps and trying to stamp them against each other was a bit like trying to stand on a banana peel on top of a slip and slide. Once there is a layer of ink between them, photopolymer stamps are very slippery. The resulting stamped images were interesting, but not quite as crisp as what I was hoping for.
My second idea was to simply create my own patterned paper and punch it out using the Fox Builder Punch. This was so simple, I don’t know why I didn’t just start here.
This card layout was inspired by Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #261!
I substituted the Lots of Labels shape for the rectangle and used baker’s twine as a stand in for the long shape in the background. I also added a couple extra layers.
- Cut a Very Vanilla card base.
- Cut a Calypso Coral panel 3/8″ (0.9 cm) smaller than the card base.
- Cut a Very Vanilla panel 1/2″ (1.2 cm) smaller than the card base. Emboss this panel with an Paisley embossing folder by Darice. (I was so excited to find how closely this pattern matched the Paisleys and Posies stamp set.) Adhere this panel to the Calypso Coral one.
- Using the third largest label shape from the Lots of Labels Framelits set, cut one shape from gold foil, one from This Christmas sheet music paper, and one from Very Vanilla.
- Layer the first two label shapes and adhere them to the embossed panel.
- Place a dimensional in the center of the card. Place the end of the gold baker’s twine on the dimensional and wrap it around the the panel about four times. Place the other end on the dimensional to hold it in place.
- Stamp a pattern onto a small piece of Calypso Coral cardstock with the same color ink using the Paisleys and Posies stamp set.
- Using the Fox Builder Punch, punch out a head, body, and tail from the patterned Calypso Coral cardstock. Also cut two ears and a nose out of Very Vanilla.
- Glue the ears and nose to the fox’s head. Adhere the fox pieces to the Very Vanilla label shape using dimensionals.
- Using additional dimensionals, adhere the Very Vanilla panel to the center of the card.
Monochromatic Color Combination
This card is all about one color: Calypso Coral! Very Vanilla and gold are the neutrals necessary for backgrounds and accents. Monochromatic color schemes are naturally high in unity, because using the same color over the entire card makes everything look like it goes together really well.
Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!
Cardstock: Calypso Coral, Very Vanilla, (c) Stampin’ Up!
Paper: gold foil, This Christmas Designer Series Paper (c) Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Calypso Coral (c) Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Paisleys and Posies (c) Stampin’ Up!
Punches and Dies: Lots of Labels Framelit Dies, Fox Builder Punch (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other: dimensionals, gold twine (from the Baker’s Twine Trio pack) (c) Stampin’ Up! Paisley embossing folder (c) Darice
Other Cards You Might Enjoy
Click on a card to view the post about that individual card.