No Bones About It (c) Stampin’ Up is the first stamp I ever purchased, and I continue to find new ways to use it. If you receive a birthday card from me with a dinosaur on it… I promise I’m not trying to call you old. I just love how playful these dinosaur shapes are!
Make a peek through card like mine:
- Choose a background panel to peek through. Cut it to 4 x 5 1/4. I used a page from Pretty Petals Designer Series Paper (c) Stampin’ Up.
- Cut a panel in white or ivory to layer on top of your patterned paper. It should be 3 1/2 x 4 1/4.
- Stamp a bouquet of leaves growing out of the corner. I used a long skinny fern from No Bones About It and found that it almost perfectly matched the leaves from the paper. I also used two of the leaves from Light Hearted Leaves (c) Stampin’ Up to add some variety. I used Old Olive Ink (c) Stampin’ Up to coordinate with my Pretty Petals paper. Some of the leaves were stamped off on another piece of paper first to lighten the color.
- Cut diagonally across the paper, through the bouquet of leaves. This creates the stripe of patterned paper peeking through.
- Stamp and cut out a dinosaur and some leaves (or other images that match your theme) and create a collage at one side of your peek through stripe. Use dimensionals to pop these shapes out at different elevations. For my card, I used Calypso Coral to stamp a No Bones About It stegosaurus and used Pool Party to give him some spots. I also cut out some larger flowers from another piece of the Pretty Petals paper.
- Stamp a sentiment onto a strip of paper and cut one end to create a banner. Add this to the top of the card. I used a sentiment from the set And Many More (c) Stampin Up; these stamps are the perfect size and shape to use with banners and word bubbles.
It took me a little bit of fussing around to arrange everything the way I wanted it. In the end I love how it turned out.
(This is one of my favorite color combinations. I’ve used it before and I’ll use it again!)
Stamps: No Bones About It, And Many More, Light Hearted Leaves Stamp Sets all (c) Stampin’ Up <– LHL is now retired. You could substitute pretty much any leaf stamp for this and it would still be cute.
Designer Paper: Pretty Petals Designer Series Paper (c) Stampin’ Up
Cardstock: Whisper White (c) Stampin’ Up
Ink: Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Pool Party (c) Stampin’ Up
Other: Stampin’ Dimensionals