Making Spirits Bright with Jolly Hats
Today’s card is as bright and cheerful, with a happy Christmas color scheme, a jolly hat, and polka dots galore. Making it has certainly made my spirits bright, and I hope that reading about it makes yours bright too!
This card was inspired by The Paper Players Challenge #321!
Such a fun Christmas color combination! These are all bright, upbeat colors that make for a fun, happy card. As such, I chose to use a somewhat light hearted theme, with image of a hat with some fun polka dot patterns.
I especially like how the polka dots from the Designer Series papers work together. They aren’t exactly the same, but they are very harmonious together and both patterns add to the whimsical feeling of the card.
- Cut and fold a Emerald Envy card base.
- Cut a Real Red panel 1/4″ (0.6 cm) smaller than the card base.
- Cut a piece of Irresistibly Floral Specialty Designer Series Paper 3/8″ (0.9 cm) smaller than the card base.
- Add a light layer of Mint Macaron to the Irresistibly Floral DSP using a sponge. I centered the ink in the center and spread it out lightly to the edges, so it got lighter the farther from the center it got.
- Adhere the Irresistibly Floral DSP to the Real Red panel. Wrap the Emerald Envy ribbon around these panels, adhering it in the back. Then adhere thee panels to the card base.
- Cut out the largest scalloped oval shape from the Layering Ovals Framelits in Real Red.
- Cut out the largest oval shape from the Stitched Shapes Framelits in Whisper White. Onto this layer, stamp the sentiment from the Tin of Tags stamp set in Real Red ink.
- Adhere the white oval onto the red scalloped oval.
- Punch a hat shape out of Mint Macaron polka dot patterned paper from the 2015-2017 In Color Designer Series Paper collection.
- Stamp the brim and tassel of the hat from the Jolly Friends stamp set onto Whisper White cardstock with black ink. Punch these images out using the Jolly Hat Builder Punch.
- Adhere the pieces of the hat together, then attach them to the white oval shape with a dimensional.
- Fold half a doily using an accordion fold and tuck it behind the Emerald Envy ribbon on the card base, adhering it in place.
- Use a double thick layer of dimensionals to adhere the oval shape to the card base. Make sure the hat is supported with additional dimensionals under this layer so it doesn’t get squished in the mail!
An Upbeat Christmas Color Combination
All the colors in this combination are bright and cheerful, giving this Christmas color scheme an upbeat, happy feel. What better feeling for a Christmas card?
Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!
Cardstock: Emerald Envy, Real Red, Whisper White (c) Stampin’ Up!
Paper: 2015-2017 In Color Designer Series Paper, Irresistibly Floral Specialty Designer Series Paper (c) Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Real Red, Mint Macaron (c) Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Tin of Tags, Jolly Friends (c) Stampin’ Up!
Punches and Dies: Jolly Hat Builder Punch, Layering Ovals Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other: doily, dimensionals, Emerald Envy ribbon (from the Silky Taffeta Combo Pack) (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other Projects You Might Enjoy
Click on an image to view the post about that individual project.