Love for Vintage Leaves
Sometimes cards just fall together without any effort, almost as if they are creating themselves. This particular card is one of those. I had a leaf left over from another card and a scrap of polka dot paper lying around. Somehow they got set on the top of the same “sort-it-later” pile.
When I came back to my desk, there they were lying one atop the other, just asking to be a card! It took only a few minutes to do the necessary cutting to put this card together. I realized a day later that Stamp, Ink, Paper was doing a “Fall in Love” challenge and knew this card would be perfect. I did add a little heart sentiment… but that, too, was a leftover scrap just waiting to be used!
This card was inspired by Stamp, Ink, Paper Challenge #69!
It is nice to be back to a schedule where I can participate in challenges again! Hooray!
- Create a Cajun Craze card base.
- Cut a black panel 1-1/2″ (3.8 cm) smaller than the card base.
- Cut a black polka dot patterned Pop of Pink panel at 1-5/8″ (4.1 cm) smaller than the card base.
- Stamp a leaf onto Cajun Craze cardstock in black ink. Cut it out using the Leaflet Framelit dies.
- Stamp the “love you” sentiment from Bear Hugs onto Whisper White. Cut out using Bear Hugs Framelit dies or fussy cut it.
- Adhere layers together, using dimensionals where desired to add depth.
- Cut a white panel 1/4″ (0.6 cm) smaller than the card base. Adhere to the inside of the card.
This card is easy to make. Like, really, really easy. Even so, I really like it. I think that the bold polka dot pattern and the stark color contrasts really make this card exciting, despite its simplicity. This would be a great card to make en masse for a swap or a mass mailing to all the relatives. With just a few tweaks, it could also be a party invite for a birthday or a shower.
Black and white, plus a pop of color… it’s hard to go wrong with that color scheme! It has built in contrast, with black and white as opposite as they come. The splash of color also makes it really easy to see the focal point.
If you like this color combination, feel free to share!
Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!
Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Basic Black, Whisper White (c) Stampin’ Up!
Paper: Pop of Pink (c) Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Bear Hugs, Vintage Leaves (c) Stampin’ Up!
Dies and Punches: Leaflet Framelits, Bear Hugs Framelits (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other Cards You Might Enjoy
Click on a card to view the post about that individual card.