CASEing Kylie with a Glimmer Dragonfly
I am so in love with the Glimmer Paper Assortment Pack. I just love having all these different color options for glittery paper! One of my favorite things to do with it has been to cut out thinlit shapes, like the Detailed Dragonfly and pair them up with gorgeous designer series papers.
Remember, you, too, can get this awesome glimmer paper for free during Stampin’ Up’s Sale-a-bration Special with a qualifying order!
This card was inspired by Global Design Project Challenge #076!
This week we are CASEing a card by Kylie Bertucci! Kylie is an amazing paper crafter and an even more amazing leader. She is one of those leaders that multiplies the abilities of everyone around her. She helps people to grow and become better than they ever were before.
Some of Kylie’s accomplishments include starting and helping run a stamping challenge blog that stretches people to try new things and helps them make connections in the stamping community, running a monthly challenge and winners’ blog hop that helps new bloggers make a name for themselves, and she offers tons of training to help Stampin’ Up! demonstrators learn the ropes. She gives so much of herself to help others. Are you convinced now that she is amazing? She totally is.
It is an honor to CASE Kylie’s card today. I have copied her layout and floral theme and added a glittery dragonfly, because I just can’t get enough Glimmer Paper. I also used a sentiment from the same stamp set as Kylie: All Things Thanks. Do you recognize it? I masked off “Thank you for being part of our…” and left only “…happily ever after.” This makes the stamp useful for anniversaries and wedding cards, too!
- First, cut and score a Bermuda Bay card base.
- Next, cut a panel of Soft Suede 1-1/4″ (3.1 cm) more narrow than the card base.
- Then, cut a piece of Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper 1-3/8″ (3.4 cm) more narrow than the card base. Use a Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Write Marker to color two or three of the succulents. They don’t have to be big; a couple leaves on the edge would be enough!
- Adhere these layers together.
- Next, cut out a large Detailed Dragonfly from Bermuda Bay Glimmer Paper. Trace the outline of the wings on a piece of vellum and fussy cut it out. (The large dragonfly doesn’t come with an outline version, but it’s not a difficult shape to cut.)
- Curl the dragonfly’s wings downward for some extra depth. Then use glue dots to adhere the vellum wings and the glimmer dragonfly to the center of the card.
- Mask off (use washi tape to cover up) part of the sentiment from All Things Thanks. Ink it up with Soft Suede ink, then remove the washi tape and stamp it on Whisper White cardstock. (I actually used black ink on my sentiment and didn’t realize until after it was all attached that I would have preferred Soft Suede.)
- Punch out the sentiment using the Decorative Label Punch.
- Next, punch out a shape from Soft Suede using the Decorative Label Punch. Adhere this shape behind the sentiment, then attach both to the bottom of the card using dimensionals.
- Add Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry enamel shapes as fun accents. Did you ever think you would use Old Olive hearts? Now is your chance!
Succulent Color Combination
The inspiration for this color combination starts with the Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper, but I added a few of my own special ingredients to spice it up.
I mixed in Bermuda Bay to start. Some of the darker Mint Macaron succulents were already approaching Bermuda Bay territory, but I helped them along by coloring over the top of them with a Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Write Marker.
I also substituted Soft Suede for Tip Top Taupe. It’s a very similar color, but a couple shades darker. I liked how the darker color gave a stronger emphasis to the outline around the panel and sentiment.
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede, Whisper White (c) Stampin’ Up!
Paper: Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper (c) Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Soft Suede (c) Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: All Things Thanks (c) Stampin’ Up!
Punches and Dies: Decorative Label Punch, Detailed Dragonfly Thinlit Dies (c) Stampin’ Up!
Markers: Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Write Marker (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other: Glimmer Paper Assortment Pack, dimensionals, vellum, Brights Enamel Shapes (c) Stampin’ Up!
Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!
Other Cards You Might Enjoy
Click on a card to view the post about that individual card.