Jar of Cheer Christmas Card
I created today’s card with the Jar of Cheer stamp set and a clear embossing powder to make the jar look like it is made of glass.
I also have some exciting news to share with you, my dear readers! Stamp Witch Blog is moving to it’s own domain! The new url will be stampwitch.blog. (Hooray!!!)
I am still tweaking a few things, but feel free to take a look around! Luckily, I got to bring all the old posts over to the new site. One of the biggest unfinished projects, though, is updating every single url; I am making progress, but there are still older posts that need fixing.
For my email and wordpress followers, I am currently working on transferring your emails over to the new site. I’m hoping I can automate the whole process and you won’t have to do a thing. I will keep you up to date on how it goes.
One of the most fun things I’ve been working on are shiny new graphics. I’ve included a preview of them for today’s card. I hope you like them!
This card was inspired by Stamp Ink Paper Challenge #77!
I originally planned to include an extra white panel between the card base and the jar. There was only going to be a small strip of the ribbon pattern showing, but when I finished making the layer I liked the way it looked the way it was.
- To create a glass look on your Jar of Cheer, first color it with Stampin’ Write Markers.
- When the coloring is complete, press the entire jar face down on your VersaMark ink pad.
- Sprinkle clear embossing powder over the entire jar.
- Heat the jar using a embossing heat tool. It get’s hot, so hold onto it with a clothespin. Each time you apply heat, move the clothespin to a different spot.
- Repeat the process of pressing into VersaMark, sprinkling, and heating until you have a smooth shiny surface (about three layers).
I’m working on a new way to display color combinations so they are easier to see on Pinterest. I’ll still use the fun little hats most days, but I wanted to give you the chance to preview the new graphics today!
The colors you see here are Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Soft Sky, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Wild Wasabi, and Pear Pizzazz. As you can guess, tomorrow’s job is to try and figure out where to put the color labels!
Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!
Cardstock: Whisper White (c) Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (c) Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Jar of Cheer, Jar of Love, Wondrous Wreath (c) Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Everyday Jars Framelit Dies (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other: clear embossing powder, silver embossing powder, heat gun, dimensionals, sponge