A Big Thank You
My stack of cupcakes Sprinkles of Life Card got an honorable mention over at the Paper Players this week! I play along with challenges because it is so inspiring to have a goal to work towards, to see all the examples that the teams come up with, and to be a part of a community… but it is also so nice to be recognized! Thank you to the team over at Paper Players!
Irresistibly Floral, Really is Irresistible
I just discovered how amazing Irresistibly Floral Designer Series Specialty Paper this week. I am positively in love with it. I already love sponging on my papers to get gradient effects… and now I have gorgeous flower designs along with it! What is not to love?
An Irresistible Challenge
Today’s card layout was inspired by Stamp, Ink, Paper Challenge #62!
I love this design and really wanted to play along with this one. I ended up posting twice yesterday so I’d have time to make this one and sneak it in before the deadline. (2 hour, 45 minutes and counting…) I did turn the sketch upside down, but it is great right side up or sideways, too! I’ll definitely be saving this one in the files of sketches to use again someday.
Here’s the card that I made for this sketch.
Just Add Ink (and Butterflies)
This background is so easy to make. It looks intimidating, but Stampin’ Up! has made it so easy with this paper. It’s got the designs already on it and you just add ink, in whatever way you want. My favorite way is sponging, but you could spray, spritz, watercolor, color with markers, use a brayer, or stamp ink onto it. Here’s how I made my card.
- Make a Whisper White cardbase (11″ by 4-1/4″. folded and creased at 5-1/2″).
- Trim a piece of Irresistibly Floral paper to 3-3/4″ by 5″.
- Make sure your workspace is protected with a big piece of scratch paper.
- Dab sponge onto ink pad, then apply to the Irresistibly Floral paper with circular rubbing motions. I start off the edge of the paper and work my way in, so it doesn’t get a dark blotch where I first put down the sponge.
- Blend from Melon Mambo to Watermelon Wonder, then to Pumpkin Pie and let that fade away to peach at the bottom of the paper.
- Cut out the circle shape from the top center of the Irresistibly Floral panel using circle dies.
- Use the next size circle die to increase the size of the hole in the Irresistibly Floral Paper.
- At the center point of the circular hole, trim the Irresistibly Floral paper in a horizontal line.
- Adhere the bottom panel and the circle to the card base. I tried to line up the patterns so they matched.
- Punch out two Itty Bitty Butterflies and an Elegant Butterfly from vellum. Crease these twice, once on each side of where the butterfly’s body would be.
- Attach the butterflies to the card using glue dots.
- Add rhinestones to the butterflies. I added one where each butterfly’s head would be, but it would also look great to line the entire butterfly’s body for more sparkle.
- Wrap the Melon Mambo ribbon around the card, adhere with glue dots in the back.
- Wrap the Tangelo Twist baker’s twine around the card twice and tie it in the front with a knot.
- Punch a tail shape out of Whisper White using the Fox Builder Punch. What? It’s a nice little swooshy banner shape.
- Stamp “You’re So Sweet” from the Bear Hugs stamp set onto the tail and tuck it slightly behind the ribbon.
Ta Da! It’s a lot of steps, but the steps aren’t very difficult. I definitely think this one is worth trying at home!
A Feminine Color Combination
Flowers, plus butterflies, plus rhinestones, plus pink… it doesn’t get much more feminine than that! I think most of my cards would be great to give to either gender, but I took a break from all that today with this color combo. Sometimes it’s nice to put some happy, bright, and even girly colors together!
Thanks for visiting! Happy stamping!
Cardstock: Whisper White (c) Stampin’ Up!
Paper: Irresistibly Floral Designer Series Specialty Paper (c) Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Melon Mambo, Watermelon Wonder, Pumpkin Pie (c) Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Bear Hugs stamp set (c) Stampin’ Up!
Punches and dies: circle dies, Itty Bitty Butterfly, Elegant Butterfly, Fox Builder Punch (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other: sponge, rhinestones, Melon Mambo Cotton Ribbon (retired), Tangelo Twist Bakers’ Twine (retired) (c) Stampin’ Up!