Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad
Today is my parent’s 35th wedding anniversary! I am so proud and so happy for them! We had a big barbeque last night and the whole family came over. Everyone brought something and there was so much delicious food, I didn’t even have room to try everything before I was full.
This is the card I created for my parents to celebrate the occasion. I had to wait until after they opened it to share it here so there wouldn’t be any spoilers!
Into the Sunset
Whether it be walking along the beach as the sun goes down or riding into the sunset at the end of a good movie, I love sunsets. They always seem so romantic, so I chose a sunset theme for my parents’ card.
To make a sunset for yourself:
- Die cut a circle out of a post-it note and place it where the sun should be.
- Ink a sponge with So Saffron. Starting on the post-it note, use circular motions to rub on the ink all around the post-it. The color will gradually fade away the farther from the post-it note you get.
- Ink a sponge with Daffodil Delight. Starting on the post-it note, drag the sponge in straight lines away from the post-it. This creates rays.
- Ink a sponge using Soft Sky. Starting off the edge of the paper, use circular motions to rub ink from the outer edge toward the sun. The ink will fade the closer to the sun it gets.
- Ink a sponge using Marina Mist. Starting off the edge of the paper, use circular motions to rub ink downward from the top of the paper. Only add a little bit to the top, so it gradually fades into the Soft Sky.
- Remove the post-it note.
Whew! Here’s a diagram of how that sponging is applied:
More Fun with Sponging
I had more fun sponging the waves! I used a piece of light pink cardstock and sponged on Melon Mambo for a random gradient effect. I cut this out using one of the Swirly Scribble Thinlit Dies from Stampin’ Up! I sponged another gradient on Pool Party cardstock with Marina Mist ink. I glued the Melon Mambo waves onto the Marina Mist background and trimmed everything to fit on the card.
I finished off the card by stamping the “congratulations” sentiment and two hearts from the Big News stamp set from Stampin’ Up! I colored the hearts with Melon Mambo Stampin’ Write Markers and added a bit of sparkle with rhinestones.
The card and the anniversary party were both successes! It was a fun and satisfying weekend all around.
Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!
Cardstock: pink, Whisper White, Pool Party (c) Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Soft Sky, Marina Mist (c) Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Big News stamp set (retired) (c) Stampin’ Up!
Dies: circle dies, Swirly Scribble Thinlit Dies (c) Stampin’ Up!
Markers: Melon Mambo Stampin’ Write Marker (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other: sponges, rhinestones, post-it notes