Halloween Night with Sparkle and Shine
I had a lot of sun with fancy papers on this card. So much so, in fact, that I didn’t use a single stamp or smidgen of ink! I’ve never used glimmer paper before, so I was excited to try that out. I also had some fun paper with silver on it, so I had to use that, too. By the time I was done, there wasn’t room for so much as a sentiment!
Today’s card is inspired by two challenges. The first is Pals Paper Arts Challenge #320!
The second is Paper Players Challenge #315!
I’ve never made thing for Halloween before last year, and at that point the closest thing I had to a pumpkin was a circle die. There was a lot of improvising done to create little bag toppers for the treats I gave to my family members!
This is my first actual real Halloween card and I am quite excited to share it with you!
How To Make a Halloween Night Card
- Cut a Basic Black card base.
- Cut a piece of silver foil paper 3/4″ smaller than the base card.
- Cut a piece of Fancy Frost paper 1″ smaller than the card base.
- Cut a strip of polka dot Halloween Night paper at 3/4″ wide.
- Cut a strip of Pumpkin Pie glimmer paper at 1/4″ wide.
- Fussy cut out a house and gravestones from a piece of Halloween Night paper.
- Assemble all layers.
- Use dimensionals between the back panel and the silver layer to add more depth to the card.
Tips for Foil Paper
- To avoid wasting foil paper, cut out the center before using it as a border! This smaller rectangle can be used for die cut shapes or as a layer on another card! (See the image above to see my assembly in progress.)
- If you glue something on top of foil paper, avoid white glue if possible. Especially on foil paper it has a tendency to ooze out and anywhere glue touches permanently loses a bit of its shine.
Color Inspiration: Halloween Sparkle and Shine
I didn’t stray very far from the most traditional of all Halloween colors: Pumpkin Pie (Orange) and Basic Black. There are a couple of accent colors in this card including Basic Gray and Silver for a bit of shine to go with the sparkle from the Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Paper.
Thanks for visiting and happy
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White
Paper: Halloween Night Designer Series Specialty Paper, Fancy Frost Designer Series Specialty Paper, Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Paper, Silver Foil Sheet (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other Cards You May Enjoy
Click the pictures to view the post about each individual card!