Goodbye 2015-2017 In Colors
A new catalog means exciting new colors, but also means that we have to say goodbye to some old favorites, like the retiring 2015-2017 In Colors. Watermelon Wonder, Tip Top Taupe, Delightful Dijon, Cucumber Crush, and Mint Macaron are soon to be gone forever!
I’ve been busy preparing for birthday parties and have had a cold kicking my behind this week, so for this card I tried to keep it simple. Then, I had some extra pieces and also made a little treat box. So much for simple!
This card was inspired by Global Design Project Challenge #085!
I am sad to see these colors go. They were brand new when I first started stamping and they were the first ink pads I purchased. I have a lot of practice making cards with only these colors. I’m glad to have one more chance to use them for the Global Design Team Challenge!
I did use my very last sheets of Mint Macaron and Delightful Dijon cardstock on this project, so this really is their last hurrah. I’m proud of myself for not letting any go to waste!
- First, cut a Mint Macaron card base.
- Next, cut a Whisper White card base 1/4″ (0.6 cm) smaller than the card base.
- From striped paper in the 2015-2017 In Color Designer Series collect, die cut one popsicle of each color using Paper Frozen Treats Framelit Dies. Cut off the stick portion.
- Die cut an additional five popsicles from Sahara Sand card stock. Then adhere the Sahara Sand popsicles to the back of the striped popsicles.
- Use dimensionals to attach the popsicle shapes to the Whisper White panel.
- Ink up the sentiment stamp from Cool Treats with Mint Macaron ink, then sponge a little Cucumber Crush ink on the bottom half for an ombre effect. Stamp the sentiment just below the popsicles.
- Adhere the Whisper White panel to the card base.
- Wrap a piece of linen thread around the card and tie it in a bow.
Now that I know how to make them, I want to wait to give you box directions when I can really do them justice. Keep an eye out for more boxes and a full tutorial in the near future!
Cardstock: Mint Macaron, Whisper White, Watermelon Wonder (c) Stampin’ Up!
Paper: 2015-2017 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack (c) Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Mint Macaron, Cucumber Crush (c) Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Cool Treats (c) Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Frozen Treats Framelit Dies, Layering Circles Framelit Dies (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other: sponge, dimensionals, linen thread (c) Stampin’ Up!
If you click on the images below, you can see the items used to make this card in my online store. Each purchase you make there helps support Stamp Witch Blog!
Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!
Other Projects You Might Enjoy
Click on a picture below to view the post about that individual project.