Fruit and Glimmer
With a challenge calling for bling and Halloween just a few days away, I have been dying to use Pumpkin Pie glimmer paper. I thought it would be fun to pair it up with Blushing Bride glitter ribbon. Double glimmer, double the fun!
This card was inspired by Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #259!
It was also inspired by the Free For All Challenge 347: Bring on the Bling (with the option to add pink) at Splitcoaststampers!
These are both great challenges, both so versatile! I may have made a couple of extra cards with these parameters in mind… and I might still have glitter under my fingernails.
- Cut a Whisper White card base.
- Cut a piece of Flirty Flamingo polka dot fruit stand paper 1/4″ (0.6 cm) smaller than the card base.
- Cut a panel of Whisper White 1/2″ (1.2 cm) smaller than the card base. Decorate this panel with some light sponging of Blushing Bride ink and Pumpkin Pie spritzing.
- Cut a 1/2″ (1.2 cm) strip of Pumpkin Pie about as wide as the card base.
- Cut a piece of glitter ribbon about the same length.
- Cut a circle 2-1/4″ (5.6 cm) circle of Pumpkin Pie Festive Birthday DSP.
- Cut a circle 2-1/2″ (6.2 cm) circle of Peekaboo Peach striped Fruit Stand DSP.
- Cut a 1/4 doily.
- Cut a peach shape out of the large peach patterned Fruit Stand Paper.
- Arrange all the layers and adhere them together. Use dimensionals to add depth between layers.
A Fruity Color Combination
This is a delicious combination of fruity colors. This color scheme is a split complementary color scheme. On one side is green and on the other side is is an analogous group of red, red-orange, and orange. All the colors are tints of the original hues, meaning they have white mixed in to make them lighter. When all the colors in a color scheme have a similar amount of white, it gives a sense of unity to the artwork. Plus, I imagine that these would make an excellent smoothy.
Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!
Cardstock: Whisper White (c) Stampin’ Up!
Paper: Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Paper, Fruit Stand Designer Series Paper, Festive Birthday Designer Series Paper (c) Stampin Up!
Ink: Blushing Bride (c) Stampin’ Up!
Dies: circle dies
Other: dimensionals, doily, Glitter Ribbon Combo Pack
Other Cards You Might Enjoy
Click on a card to view the post about that individual card.