A Foxy Friends Valentine
Valentine’s Day is almost upon us! I’m excited, are you? I love that there is a holiday completely devoted to letting people know how much you care about them. What better way than with a sweet homemade card, like this one with a Foxy Friends stamped raccoon?
I think this sentiment from the Flourishing Phrases stamp set is perfect for letting someone know how much you care on Valentine’s Day; there is a coordinating inside stamp that says “I love you”. So perfect!
I had this card all made for last week’s Tic Tac Toe challenge; I used a die cut, circle-like spiral and sequins in my design… and then I was so busy I didn’t have a chance to write a post about it! Luckily my card also fits perfectly with this week’s theme of Love. Thanks for the second chance, SIP team!
- First, cut a Flirty Flamingo card base.
- Next, cut a panel of Sending Love Designer Series Paper 1/4″ (0.6 cm) narrower than the card base (but the same height).
- Color every third line with a Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Then, cut a Flirty Flamingo panel 1-1/2″ (3.8 cm) narrower than the card base.
- Cut a Whisper White panel 1-3/4″ (4.4 cm) narrower than the card base.
- Die cut a swirl from Blushing Bride Glimmer paper using Swirly Scribbles Thinlit Dies. Adhere this to the Whisper White panel.
- Stamp a raccoon on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock using Foxy Friends stamps. Use Crumb Cake for the body, Soft Suede for the mask, stripes, and feet, and Early Espresso for the eyes and nose. Fussy cut the raccoon, then use dimensionals to attach him to the card.
- Color a wooden heart from Sending Love Embellishments with the Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Write Marker. Use a tiny amount of glue to adhere it between the raccoon’s paws (too much glue and it will slip around).
- Stamp the sentiment from Flourishing Phrases with Soft Suede ink. Don’t forget to stamp the inside of the card with the coordinating sentiment!
- Adhere sequins from the Cupcakes and Carousels Embellishment Kit for added sparkle.
- Finally, adhere the layers together.
Tip: When you die cut glimmer paper, put it glitter side facing away from the dies! It cuts easier and keeps your dies sharp for longer.
Classic Valentine Color Combination
Red and pink make for a classic Valentine color combination. These colors, doilies, and sweetheart candies with little messages on them are the epitome of Valentine’s Day. Some added neutral colors for a raccoon don’t detract at all from the very traditional feel of this color scheme.
Cardstock: Flirty Flamingo, Whisper White (c) Stampin’ Up!
Paper: Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper, Sending Love Designer Series Paper (c) Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Early Espresso (c) Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Flourishing Phrases, Foxy Friends (c) Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Swirly Scribbles Thinlit Dies (c) Stampin’ Up!
Markers: Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Write Marker (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other: dimensionals, Cupcakes and Carousels Embellishment Kit (sequins), Sending Love Embellishments (heart) (c) Stampin’ Up!
Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!
Other Cards You Might Enjoy
Click on a card to view the post about that individual card.