This card was inspired by Stamp Ink Paper challenge #51.
I’ve been hard at work making cards for all the dads in my life. Each dad has the title of “Best Dad” in their own child’s world.
For the sunset challenge, I wanted to try a little different twist: viewing a sunset from outer space!
- First, I cut out a circle from a Post-It Note and stuck it down where the sun would be.
- Next, I sponged Tuxedo Black, Night of Navy, and Elegant Eggplant in the sky. I worked in from the outer edges of the paper using circular motions.
- I sponged a little bit of Crushed Curry on the sun.
- I added stars using Whisper White ink and a stamp from the Going Global stamp set from Stampin’ Up! After the initial Big Dipper was stamped, I wiped off the constellation lines. I also stamped off more and more ink as the stars got closer to the sun so they got lighter.
- I added some accents, like extra constellations, with white colored pencil.
- I stamped the sentiment in the bottom corner and used the white colored pencil to add some flare marks so it looks like it is sparkling as well.
- Using Old Olive ink, I stamped the Earth image from the Going Global stamp set onto a piece of paper from the Going Places Designer Series Paper Stack from Stampin’ Up!
- I cut out the Earth using a circular die.
- I sponged shadows on the dark side of the Earth with Tuxedo Black using circular motions.
- I added the Earth to my background using dimensionals.
Disclaimer: For all of you astronomy geeks out there, the constellations are not accurate in any way and the relative sizes of the Earth and sun are out of proportion (I know it hurts, sorry). Also, the moon is hidden behind the Earth from this vantage point; I tried adding it in, but it didn’t fit in with the rest of the composition.
Have a stellar day and happy stamping!
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black (c) Stampin’ Up!
Paper: Going Places Designer Series Paper Stack (c) Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Whisper White, Night of Navy, Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Crushed Curry (c) Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Going Global stamp set (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other: Circular Dies, Dimensionals, Sponges, White Colored Pencil, Post-It Note