Falling Flowers for Fall Thanks
For today’s card, I used some of my favorite things: pretty layers, Falling Flowers, and a color scheme with Bermuda Bay and Daffodil Delight. The Falling Flowers stamp set is such a pleasure to work with, it makes it easy to make a gorgeous looking card every time.
This card was inspired by The Paper Players Challenge #320!
It was nice to have such an open challenge for today’s card! We could do any color or design as long as it was a thank you card of some sort or another. What a nice chance to pull out some of my favorite things!
- Cut a Whisper White card base.
- Cut a Daffodil Delight panel 5/8″ (1.6 cm) smaller than the card base.
- Cut a Bermuda Bay panel 3/4″ (1.9) smaller than the card base.
- Cut a Whisper White panel 1″ (2.5 cm) smaller than the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment from Paisleys and Posies onto Whisper White. Cut out using Layering Ovals Framelit dies. Choose a die just larger than the sentiment.
- Cut out the next size up oval in Bermuda Bay.
- Cut out the corresponding scalloped oval shape in Daffodil Delight.
- Adhere the three layers of ovals together.
- Stamp flower stamps from the Falling Flowers onto Daffodil Delight and Bermuda Bay cardstock. Cut them out using May Flowers Framelit dies.
- Add rhinestones to the centers of the flowers.
- Adhere the Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay, and Whisper White panels together.
- Arrange the sentiment ovals and the flowers. Remove the sentiment and adhere the flowers.
- Add a dimensional under where the sentiment will go. Take threads of gold baker’s twine apart and loop them through the dimensional to hold them in place.
- Adhere the sentiment with an additional dimensional.
- Finally, adhere the layered panels to the card base using dimensionals. Make sure to use dimensionals under this layer to support the dimensionals under the sentiment.
- Optional: Use a white gel pen or a white colored pencil to add some white highlights to the flower petals.
Bright Color Combination
These are two of my favorite colors, especially when they work together. I’ve been combining them forever: even my bedroom growing up was decorated with these colors!
Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!
Cardstock: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight (c) Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Paisleys and Posies, Falling Flowers (c) Stampin’ Up!
Dies: May Flowers Framelits, Layering Ovals Framelits (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other: dimensionals, gold twine (from the Baker’s Twine Trio Pack) (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other Cards You Might Enjoy
Click on a card to view the post about that individual card.