Embossing Paste with a Silver Lining
It has been a rainy, rainy week in my neighborhood, but there is a silver lining! When the weather is so wet, it seems like the perfect time to break out a favorite returning stamp set from the Annual Catalog: Weather Together!
Embossing Paste + Embossing Powder
This card combines two different products that add raised texture to a card: Embossing Paste and Embossing Powder.
I started by mixing a small amount of Bermuda Bay ink into some embossing paste, then applying it to the background paper through a Pattern Party decorative mask.
Next, I sprinkled some silver Embossing Powder on the bottom of each cloud while the embossing paste was still wet, so stuck to the paste.
Then, I heated it with a heat tool. The heat makes the embossing paste get a little puffy, like when you cook a marshmallow. I was a little taken aback the first time I did this… but fear not, it is normal (I checked, just in case). The heat also melts the embossing powder, making it shiny!
You could also cover the embossing paste completely with the metallic embossing powder. If you did, you wouldn’t have to worry about the color of the paste, since it would be covered up.
- First, cut and score a Pool Party card base.
- Next, cut a Powder Pink layer 1/4″ (0.6 cm) smaller than the card base.
- Then, cut a Basic Black layer 3/8: (0.9 cm) smaller than the card base.
- On the Basic Black layer, add lightly colored Bermuda Bay embossing Paste through a cloudy Pattern Party Decorative Mask.
- Sprinkle silver embossing powder on the bottom of each cloud. Tap off any excess powder, then heat with a heat tool until the powder is melted.
- Stamp an umbrella (I used three stamps to build this one) from the Weather Together stamp set on Powder Pink cardstock in black ink. Fussy cut it out. (If are lucky enough to have the coordinating dies, use the curved handle instead, and then I believe there are dies for all the different pieces.)
- Cut a strip of silver foil cardstock about 1/2″ (1.2 cm) wide with an angle cut at the bottom.
- Staple a length of Bermuda Bay Chevron Ribbon to the upper left hand corner.
- Use dimensionals to adhere the silver strip so it is covering the staple. Trim any excess off the top of the strip to match the edge of the panel.
- Adhere the umbrella to the silver strip with dimensionals.
- Add the lightest tint of pink Glitter Enamel Dots as accents. I positioned mine like raindrops falling out of the corner of several of the clouds.
- Finally, adhere the front layer to the Powder Pink layer and the card base.
Cardstock: Basic Black, Powder Pink, Pool Party (c) Stampin’ Up!
Paper: Silver foil sheet (c) Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Bermuda Bay Ink Refill (c) Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Weather Together (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other: Bermuda Bay Mini Chevron Ribbon, Glitter Enamel Dots, Embossing Paste, Palette Knives, silver embossing powder, heat tool (c) Stampin’ Up!
Click on the images below to see the materials used to make this card in my online store. Each purchase you make there helps support Stamp Witch Blog!
Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!
Other Projects You Might Enjoy
Click on a picture below to view the post about that individual project.