Die Cuts and Doilies
When I think of Fall, I think of tall stalks of corn with green leaves slowly changing to gold and the last cobs slowly ripening with tassels blowing in the breeze. As a child, it was my favorite time of year to visit my grandparents’ farm because I could play tag or hide and seek (or some combination thereof) in the corn rows with my sisters and cousins.
I spent this past weekend camping (code for larping) with friends at a good friend’s farm. We were nestled between the cornfield and the wooded acres filled with hiking trails. The weather was perfect and we had all kinds of fun adventures!
This card was inspired by those gorgeous cornfields, from years ago and from this weekend.
- Cut a standard sized card base from Daffodil Delight cardstock.
- Cut a white panel 1/4 inch (0.5 cm) smaller than the card base.
- Die cut the wavy line shape from the Swirly Scribbles Thinlit Dies.
- Place the wavy line shape on the white panel and glue down; I use white glue for this, using small dots here and there. I put a paper towel over the image when I press it down, so any glue that seeps out is absorbed by the towel.
- Trim off any ends that don’t fit on the white panel. Trim the white panel following the curved edge of the yellow swirly lines.
- Cut a piece of Affectionately Yours paper the same height as the white panel and about 2 inches (5 cm) wide.
- Die cut a Cucumber Crush leaf shape using Rose Garden Thinlit dies.
- Dry fit the leaf shape and a sliver of doily.
- Stamp the sentiment from Perfect Pairings in black ink, making sure the embellishments and sentiment are balanced and fit together well.
- Adhere everything together with your favorite adhesive!
I didn’t think to add the doily until the very end. The card seemed to be missing something, so I slipped in this little sliver of doily and everything came together!
This bright combination is inspired by some of my favorite fall colors from out in the real world. Driving through rural Wisconsin to our camping destination I got to admire the fields of corn and wheat (while my husband drove). This is my favorite time of year for a road trip because the countryside is so beautiful. It was so nice to get out of the cities for the weekend!
Thank you all for visiting and happy stamping!
Cardstock: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Cucumber Crush (c) Stampin’ Up!
Paper: Affectionately Yours Designer Series Paper (c) Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Rose Garden Thinlit Dies, Swirly Scribbles Thinlit Dies (c) Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Perfect Pairings (retired) (c) Stampin’ Up!