Clean and Simple (and Bold) Vintage Leaves
I love the look of a bold black and white design, with a splash of color. The striped pattern from Stampin’ Up!’s Pop of Pink Designer Series Paper is the perfect backdrop for a boldly colored shape, such as a leaf or two from the Vintage Leaf stamp set.
This card is special, because it was the anniversary card I gave to my husband yesterday for our 6th anniversary. This past year has gone by so fast! While the design on this card could represent a simple Fall scene, or two friends, I think of the two leaves as my husband and I, one hugging the other.
This card was inspired by Paper Players Challenge #317!
What a perfect challenge for this time of year! I have been having a lot of fun with Vintage Leaves lately, and now there is a challenge asking for even more leaves! Hold onto your hats, because we’re in for a leafy ride!
- Cut a card base in Whisper White.
- Cut a strip of Pop of Pink Designer Series Paper 4″ by 1-1/2″ (10 cm by 3.8 cm) or thereabouts. Try to have an equal sized stripe on the top and bottom of the pattern.
- Cut a piece of Basic Black 1/4″ (0.6 cm) larger than the Pop of Pink piece.
- Adhere the panels to the card base with an equal amount of space around the top, side, and bottom.
- Stamp Vintage Leaves in black ink onto Bermuda Bay and Mint Macaron cardstock. Die cut with Leaflet Framelit dies.
- Position the leaves. Adhere the Mint Macaron leaf to the Bermuda Bay one with white glue or snail.
- Adhere the Bermuda Bay leaf to the card with dimensionals.
- Tie the stems of the leaves together with Basic Black Solid Baker’s Twine.
This Vintage Leaves card design would be a great one if you need to make multiples! It’s quick and easy with a small supply list!
Cool Color Combination
This color scheme combines two cool colors with bold black and white. Bermuda Bay and Mint Macaron are very similar colors, both falling somewhere between blue and green. Though Mint Macaron is lighter, they don’t have a lot of contrast. The bold black and white stripes have contrast to spare. The stripes point inward toward the leafy focal point, drawing the eye into the card.
Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Mint Macaron (c) Stampin’ Up!
Paper: Pop of Pink Designer Series Specialty Paper (c) Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Vintage Leaves (c) Stampin’ Up!
Dies and Punches: Leaflet Framelit Dies (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other: dimensionals, Basic Black Solid Baker’s Twine (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other Cards You Might Enjoy
Click on a card to view the post about that individual card.