Christmas Stockings Wrapped in Warmth
The holidays are upon us again, which is always a bit of a nostalgic time. Old traditions are mixed with new traditions as families change over time. In my card today, I’ve combined some of my favorite colors and stamps from Christmas 2016 with Christmas 2017.
Nostalgia from 2016
From 2016 comes the beautiful Christmas Stockings Thinlit dies. I was super excited to see that these were carried over into the Annual Catalog! Also from 2017 comes the In Color Dapper Denim! This blue is a nice mix of rich and bright, and like a good pair of jeans, goes great with a lot of different color schemes.
New and Shiny from 2017
From 2017 I’ve used the “Wrapped in Warmth” sentiment from the Snowflake Sentiments stamp set. While I love the whole stamp set, I really wanted it for this one particular sentiment because I knew how well it would coordinate with the Smitten Mittens, Christmas Stockings, and Christmas Quilts products.
Also from 2017 is the new In Color Berry Burst! I’ve used the Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon to incorporate the color, because it is by far my favorite ribbon of the year. It’s so shiny and it makes nice big bows that are also super easy to tie, because the ribbon is thin. Plus, it is supposed to be wrinkly, so I don’t have to worry about wrapping it up perfectly again every time I use it, thus saving time.
I also used some favorite embellishments for the 2017 season. First, you probably have seen Faceted Gems set in the center of flowers, since they look especially great with the super-popular Daisy Bunch Punch. However, I am really liking them on their own as snowball-like embellishments on Christmas cards.
Speaking of snowflakes, I saved the best for last! See that big silver snowflake in the background? That’s a Foil Snowflake, which I have been LOVING. They are by far my favorite embellishment from the Christmas Catalog. You will be seeing a lot of these from me as we get into the Christmas season.
You can get your own Foil Snowflakes for FREE if you order $50 or more using my host code for September: FWQ9N6SH.
Don’t miss out, there’s only 3 days left!
- First, cut a Dapper Denim card base.
- Next, on a scrap of Dapper Denim, stamp the sentiment from Snowflake Sentiments in VersaMark ink.
- Sprinkle silver embossing powder over the ink, tap off any excess, and heat with a heat tool until the powder melts.
- Fussy cut out the sentiment.
- Using Christmas Stockings Thinlit Dies, die cut a solid Very Vanilla stocking shape and cuff shape. Also die cut a Pool Party swirly patterned stocking. Adhere the stocking parts together.
- Dry fit (place without gluing) all the paper pieces to determine placement. Adhere the snowflake using small amounts of glue. The fine tipped glue pen works well, as does using a sponge to dab liquid adhesive to the entire backside of the snowflake.
- Lay the Berry Burst Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon down and staple it in place.
- Adhere the stocking and the sentiment with dimensionals.
- Add Clear Faceted Gems as accents.
Cardstock: Dapper Denim, Pool Party, Very Vanilla (c) Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Snowflake Sentiments (c) Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Christmas Stockings Thinlit Dies (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other: Foil Snowflakes, Silver Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Berry Burst Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon, dimensionals (c) Stampin’ Up!
Click on the images below to see the materials used to make this card in my online store. Each purchase you make there helps support Stamp Witch Blog!
Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!
Other Projects You Might Enjoy
Click on a picture below to view the post about that individual project.