Time to Party with Beetles and Bugs
The new Beetles and Bugs stamp set is one of my favorite new stamps sets in the Occasions catalog. You can color the stamps, put them in a shaker card, make “Love Bug” valentines, mix them in with your flower bouquets, or make a perfect card for the little boys in your life that love bugs.
For my very first card I just had to combine the little ant stamp with an ice cream cone from Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper. I fussy cut out the ice cream cone and it was the perfect size to be carried away by a happy little swarm of ants!
This card was inspired two challenges. The first is Paper Players Challenge #327!
The second challenge is Global Design Project Challenge #70!
- Cut and fold a Whisper White card base.
- Next, cut a Pool Party panel 1/8″ (0.3 cm) smaller than the card base.
- Cut a Whisper White panel 1/4″ (0.6 cm) smaller than the card base.
- Then, cut two strips of Urban Underground Designer Series Paper. Both should be the same width as the Whisper White panel. One should be 1″ (2.5 cm) tall and the other should be 1/4″ (0.6 cm) tall.
- Adhere the panels and the Urban Underground strips together.
- Using Layering Framelit Circle Dies, cut a Whisper White circle large enough to fit the sentiment from the Balloon Adventures stamp set.
- Cut a Pool Party scalloped circle just larger than the Whisper White circle.
- Stamp the sentiment from Balloon Adventures at the top of the circle with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Select your favorite ice cream treat from the Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper. Fussy cut it out.
- Place the ice cream treat under the sentiment. Don’t adhere it yet.
- With Memento Tuxedo Black ink, stamp ants from the Beetles and Bugs stamp set all around the ice cream cone, as if they are holding it up.
- Also stamp a line of ants on the Whisper White panel along the top of the Urban Underground DSP, marching toward the ice cream cone.
- Attach the ice cream cone using dimensionals.
- Adhere the two circle layers together.
- Attach the circle layers to the card with dimensionals.
Fresh Color Combination
This fresh color combination is mostly black and white, but there is one little ice cream cone that provides a nice splash of fresh colors. When a tiny bit of color is used on a mostly black and white card, it creates contrast with the rest of the card, draws your attention, and let’s you know pretty clearly where the focal point of the card is.
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pool Party (c) Stampin’ Up!
Paper: Urban Underground, Tasty Treats (c) Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Balloon Adventures, Beetles and Bugs (c) Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Layering Circles Framelit Dies (c) Stampin’ Up!
Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!
Other Cards You Might Enjoy
Click on a card to view the post about that individual card.