An Irresistibly Floral Rainbow
I have done a lot of red and green lately, a lot of Fall jewel tones, and a lot of Christmas and Thanks themed cards. Today it snowed for the first time this year and the outdoors are dreary. I needed some bright colors for a change, so I pulled out some Irresistibly Floral paper and went to town making rainbows.
This card was inspired by Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #263!
- Cut a Whisper White card base.
- Arrange four circle dies zigzag in descending order and run it through a die cutting machine.
- Cut a panel of Fancy Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper the same width as the cardbase and 1-1/2″ (3.7 cm) high.
- Line up the Fancy Frost panel at the bottom of the page inside the front panel. Use a pencil to trace the circle lightly. Die cut out the circle using the pencil lines as a guide as to where to place the die.
- Adhere the Fancy Frost panel to the card base.
- Cut a panel of Irresistibly Floral 1/4″ (0.6 cm) smaller than the card base.
- Add color to the Irresistibly Floral panel by sponging ink onto the paper in circular rubbing motions. I always start off the edge of the paper, to avoid getting a dark smudge on the paper. Start with Crushed Curry in the center, fading away on either side. Add Watermelon Wonder to one corner and Island Indigo to the other corner, blending it into the Crushed Curry.
- Add your rainbow panel of Irresistibly Floral paper inside the card base.
- Cut a large Whisper White circle and adhere it to the bottom corner inside the card. Cut off any extra edges.
- To the front of the card, add Brights Enamel Dots in various locations. I matched the color of the dots to the color of the paper behind it.
This is what the inside of the card looks like. I wanted to show off as much of the rainbow as possible, but there is still a little room to write!
Rainbow Color Combination
It only takes three colors of ink to make a rainbow when you blend them together with sponging! Pick primary colors (or close to primaries) and they will mix to make all the colors in between. For this rainbow, I used Watermelon Wonder, Crushed Curry, and Island Indigo.
Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!
Cardstock: Whisper White (c) Stampin’ Up!
Paper: Irresistibly Floral Specialty Designer Series Paper, Fancy Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper (c) Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Watermelon Wonder, Crushed Curry, Island Indigo (c) Stampin’ Up!
Dies: Circle dies
Other: Brights Enamel Dots (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other Cards You Might Enjoy
Click on a card to view the post about that individual card.