All Things Thanks All Around the World
I am thankful for the crafting community all around the world. Crafty bloggers in particular are so kind, thoughtful, helpful…. and inspiring! Given the same challenge, such as an “All Things Thanks” theme, they will come up with ideas I never would have thought of myself and seeing their projects sparks even more ideas in my mind!
This card was inspired by Kylie Bertucci’s International Blog Highlight! The theme this month is, as you may have guessed, the stamp set All Things Thanks. For even more inspiration, click the banner below to see all of the projects from bloggers all around the world.
You can even vote for your favorites! The top ten winners get to be in a special winners’ blog hop next month.
I love All Things Thanks stamp set and it was one of the first from the Occasions catalog that I ordered. I love the bold and scrolly fonts AND that there are perfect sentiments for so many occasions. I’m so excited to share my card with you today!
This card has an accordion fold opening, so the inside is extra long and has lots of room for embellishments and messages.
Accordion Card Tutorial
I created a tutorial image to show the measurements you would need to make this card (or a similar one) for yourself.
Other Card Tips
- The card front is Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper. To add color, I have sponged on ink in Watermelon Wonder, Pumpkin Pie, and Daffodil Delight.
- The sentiment on the front is embossed in white. Make sure the ink from the background is completely dry before you emboss on top of it, or extra embossing powder will stick to it!
- To make the sentiment stand out even more against the background, I added a black shadow the the bottom and left side of each brush stroke.
- Sometimes white is pretty, too! I fussy cut a white flower from the same Designer Series Paper and used it as an embellishment on the card front. When you fussy cut out images, I recommend coloring the edges with a Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker. White edges can distract from the awesomeness of your project, while black edges look crisp and clean!
- The flower on the top panel on the inside is fussy cut and then sponged with the same colors as the card front.
- The very bottom panel inside the card is Inside The Lines Designer Series Paper once again. This time I put a sticky note over the flower in the corner, traced the outline in a pencil, and cut it out to make a mask. I stuck the mask over the paper that would remain white and sponged the rest to get a colorful flower!
- Unity is important! All the panels on the inside of the card should coordinate with the front of the card to create cohesion! I love that the bee from the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set coordinates perfectly with the designer series paper!
Cardstock: Watermelon Wonder, Whisper White (c) Stampin’ Up!
Paper: Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper, Pop of Pink Designer Series Paper, Sending Love Glassine Sheets (c) Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Watermelon Wonder, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight (c) Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: All Things Thanks, Dragonfly Dreams (c) Stampin’ Up!
Markers: Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker (c) Stampin’ Up!
Other: sticky notes, sponge, recycled corrugated paper, white embossing powder, heat tool, Tasty Treats Designer Washi Tape (c) Stampin’ Up!
If you click on the images below, you can see the items used to make this card in my online store. Each purchase you make there helps support Stamp Witch Blog!
Don’t forget to vote in Kylie’s International Blog Highlight! Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!
Other Cards You Might Enjoy
Click on a card to view the post about that individual card.